"Super resolution upscaling " gone / missing in export settings? Solved! (Windows version 13.x)

Dangerfreak

Version 13.x has a nice feature called "super resolution upscaling". You can select it in the export file settings (see this screenshot: https://imgbox.com/tudCjDXz ). 

I tried to check it out and installed an older videopad version, just to have to a comparison. Suddenly the checkbox for super resolution upscaling was gone in the export settings (in version 13.x)!

Luckily I found the reason for it, the old videopad version changed the windows registry! To turn on super resolution upscaling again, you have to change the "SVar" value (see registry screenshot below). Among other data, you'll find a four-letter word there, either "Puxd" or "Puxp". "Puxd" means super resolution is available, "Puxp" means it's turned off. So just change "Puxp" to "Puxd".

If both words are missing, super resolution also is off. In this case, add the word "Puxd" to the SVar data.

Here is the screenshot of the registry settings: https://imgbox.com/QxIxAiYb

I hope this will be helpful in one form or another 🙂 .

I tried that before... it didn't work for me 😞. No hard feelings, I know you said this many times before ("slight variability in features"), but installing the same version over and over never changed anything for me (concerning other problems), I don't know why. That's why I was searching for a reliable solution. 

• borate changed the title to "Super resolution upscaling " gone / missing in export settings? Solved! (Windows version 13.x)
  • 1 month later...

I don't see the super resolution upscaling in 13.28. When I used it in 13.21 to export a video that requires upscaling and comparing the result to 13.28's export of the same video, there's no difference. The blurry video is still the same blurry because I upscaled it. 

And my registry is already "puxd". I guess the option is just cut. 

Edited by Lancelot Chan

In the process of continuous improvement, perhaps this prospective feature didn't make the cut.  In that case, reinstalling won't help.

NCH advises not to edit sVAR, as this may skew marketing results.  If a user isn't careful, registry changes can compromise Windows operation.

In recent versions, the SuperRes entry may no longer exist, which would explain why repeated installs fail to resurrect it.

8 hours ago, Lancelot Chan said:

I don't see the super resolution upscaling in 13.28. When I used it in 13.21 to export a video that requires upscaling and comparing the result to 13.28's export of the same video, there's no difference. The blurry video is still the same blurry because I upscaled it. 

And my registry is already "puxd". I guess the option is just cut. 

Confirmed... I just tested (beta) versions 13.28 - 13.30, the super resolution checkbox is gone.

Sorry guys. Super resolution is still under development and it isn't ready yet. The check box was visible because of a mistake. We've removed it from the recent release builds.

We apologies for the confusion. I will get back here as soon as we finish this feature.