Convert vpj

ColCol

I've just spent a day and a half making a video for my niece and nephew of my recently passed sister only to find I can't convert it without buying Videopad! Is there any way to convert it outside of Videopad or without buying it?? I would never use a program like this normally but under the circumstances needed to do a good edit.  I'll never use it again.  It's heart breaking to thnk I've spent all that time and got it just perfect only to find i can't send it to my family.  Can someone please help me.  It's pretty poor form to offer a free version without being able to complete the job!  Doesn't get my vote!

No need to panic.  The VPJ file is what tells the program where the source files are and how to handle them.  For protection, Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  From the HOME tab, that choice is available by clicking the caret to the right of the Save Project button on the toolbar. 

This creates VPJ files.  Once done, clicking on any saved VPJ file will reload the project.  Don't delete or move any of the source files.

Export is not a conversion, but creation of a video file.  Mp4 is the default, but there are many other formats.  Using the free version, try the following...

Export as an AVI instead of mp4.  image.png

If that's locked out delete Videopad via Windows Control Panel | ADD/REMOVE programs, then reinstall the current version, which will be a trial if not registered, but fully featured for a short time.  Double-click your latest saved VPJ.  Then export as a video file.  Mp4 will likely succeed.

If these measures don't work for you, come back here for further instructions.