How to insert the video in the sequence?

samky2005

It's unclear just what you have in mind.  Please explain more fully, step-by-step.

A new clip can be added to any track of existing clips that make up a sequence.

Create a split where the clip is to be placed.  Then drag the clip from the bin (top-left) to the split point.  Alternatively...

position the cursor at the split point and then right-click the new clip in the bin and Place on Sequence at Cursor.

VideoTrack1 is , sort of base video clip. Video Track2 is added to overlay short video clips. Video Track2 has a few clips at 2:00 and 4:00 mark. 
Now I want to insert a short video 20 seconds long in the VideoTrack1, let's say at 1:00 mark. 
At the 1:00 mark, I did "Split" in the Video Track1. but I realized that short videos of VideoTrack 2 was not moved by 20 seconds.  
I wanted to insert 20 seconds by the new short video in the sequence, not just the Video Track1. In other words, I expect short videos of Video Track2 now at 2:20 and 4:20 automatically. 

I hope it clear.

Select (highlight) all the clips on both tracks, using <ctrl-A> OR only those that you want to be kept in sync by holding down <ctrl> as each is clicked. 

Then right-click on any one of the selected clips and GROUP CLIPS.

Now when the :20 clip is inserted into either track, the grouped clips in the other track will shift as well.

In this example ALL clips were grouped.  They then could be dragged to the left - in concert.

• borate changed the title to How to insert the video in the sequence?