Transition creates jumping side effects

Chris2

Hi

I've created a simple transition, but it has a weird side effect. The second clip doesn't play smoothly anymore. It jumps back, right at the beginning. I've attached a link that shows the effect.
https://app.screencast.com/ugmQA4CS8Wc2k

Why is that, and how to fix it? I've tried different transition types, but they all seem to have the same problem.

Thanks

What version is being used?  Install this one and see if the problem goes away.

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Cannot replicate the glitch here.  Need your source files, as instructed below.  Right-click to SAVE the video.

Install the version linked above, even though it may seem to be the same as the one you're using now.

The way to assess what's occuring is for you to share the project - either in the forum or privately.  It's easy..  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

• 1 month later...

I am having the same problem. Many times when I try to transition between two clips, the 2nd clip jumps in height and the transition is not smooth.

I just checked the clip in another video editor and it jumps just as it does in Videopad. That means the problem is not Video Pad related, but with the clip.

What format and resolution are the clips?  Let's take a look.  Create a project where it happens and share it for analysis please.  This takes just a few minutes and can be private.  Follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.