Why isn't my left margin maintained?

akela

I have merged many separate chapters which I saved to pdf, and have begun to edit the full-length text. However, Whenever I add a few new words into a given line, the following line is pushed way out of the left margin, sometimes so far that I can't see it all. My "tab" key does nothing, and I have to use my space bar to realign it. As I have 250 pages ahead of me on this book, the thought of continually having to push a line to where the left margin should be is daunting. Is there a means of setting up margins in the "Text Edit" mode?

Many thanks for any help.

• 1 month later...
On 10/1/2022 at 11:22 PM, akela said:

I have merged many separate chapters which I saved to pdf, and have begun to edit the full-length text. However, Whenever I add a few new words into a given line, the following line is pushed way out of the left margin, sometimes so far that I can't see it all. My "tab" key does nothing, and I have to use my space bar to realign it. As I have 250 pages ahead of me on this book, the thought of continually having to push a line to where the left margin should be is daunting. Is there a means of setting up margins in the "Text Edit" mode?

Many thanks for any help.

Hi akela! Unfortunately, setting up margins is not available yet for PicoPDF. You may use the Move Content feature instead to move elements instead of using tab or space bar to align a text or group of words. For more details you may check this link: http://help.nchsoftware.com/help/en/picopdf/win/move.html

Also, we would be glad to take your suggestion so our developers can improve the software for better user experience. You may leave suggestion/s on this link: https://www.nch.com.au/suggestions/index.html?software=PicoPDF