Auto generate subtitles not working

Liam

Hello! I just started using subtitles in videopad and i found the feature that auto generates subtitles for you. It's worked in the past. But lately when I click the button, it just gets stuck in the generating process. It's generated all the words, but the bottom loading bar just sits at the far left side and never loads.

I've tried restarting my computer, I've tried generating subtitles on different clips, and I've even let the program sit over night to see if it will load. But nothing has worked so far. Any advice on how I can fix this?

Speech-to-text is not a useful feature, though it works as well here in version 12.x as it always did and doesn't hang, as you describe.

The result is a single, long line of text, not broken up into typical subtitle pieces.  And the Microsoft recognition engine used does a poor job.

Suggest instead trying this utility (or similar) which has a number of output options that work well with Videopad.

File a bug report here.

Try the latest VP release.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

• 2 months later...

Yes, I was happy that this function works in Videopad because it makes my work unrealistically much easier due to the fact I constantly need to send video projects to clients on real estate, and of course, I include subtitles in Spanish there, so that it is easier for clients to understand everything. But now this function has stopped working. It's good that I quickly found a replacement for it. A service that perfectly creates subtitles in more than 10 languages, and you can also apply to audio translators who will provide you with a high-quality translation which you can then add to the video. Isn't it wonderful?