Difficulties working with the text editor

MyQuestForMeaning

I am just curious if there is something I haven't really understood, but I find working with text in this program very difficult.

I just wanted to create a video where I take quotes/sentences from a book and add narration to it.

When I open the text editor and add a text, the text that's being shown in Clip Preview (actual video) is only a zoomed in part of it, it's not cropped right (the text editor screen extends far beyond the Clip Preview). Ok, so I minimize my text to make it fit in the video, but then I have to make it so small, like size 4 or 5, that I LITERARY CAN'T READ it while I'm working with it. It's like mouse-size. The Text Editor window is too small - is there no way of making it bigger?

So I miss the ability to enlarge the text editor and to make it so that the window in the text editor matches the window in the actual video.

Are we not supposed to really be working with texts or? Is there another method that people usually do when making videos with text? Like they import images from Word or Paint or whatever. But I think that's also kind of inconvenient when you want to edit the text itself...

The text composition window size is fixed.

Sometimes it's helpful to display both the clip and sequence preview screens.  Click OPTIONS | DISPLAY and check the box.

Text is composed within the boundaries of video in the sequence preview window (not in the text composition box).

If a line is too long, press <enter> to split the text into multiple lines.

Use these controls to position it... image.png  Or simply drag the text in the preview window.

To change size and colors first select the text, then apply the changes.

Snapshot - 2.png

This on-line tool can be useful...  HTTPS://GILLMEISTER-SOFTWARE.COM/online-tools/text/add-line-breaks_change-line-length.aspx

Using the tool, compose text in its top window, then set the line length to what will fit best in Videopad preview. 

Click the bottom section to see the result, and press the COPY TO CLIPBOARD button.

Now paste the text into VP's text editor, using <ctrl-V>.  Very slick.