Why do videos and images lose quality when I add them in VideoPad?

David Mandić

I've started using VideoPad recently. Initially, I downloaded the free version, created a short 'test' video (about 15 min) just for the sake of practice and to make myself familiar with the software, and everything went just fine. I managed to export the video, which took a fair amount of time (definitely more than half an hour, and maybe about an hour) but the result was ok. 

However, when I tried to do some more work on the same project I noticed the images and videos had become a bit blurry and pixelated - both the ones that were already there and those I added later on. I deleted the whole thing, believing it was the consequence of exporting. Next day, I installed VideoPad Professional v11.96, but the problem remained. Images that look perfect on my computer (they're very clear even when zoomed in) become blurry and pixelated when I add them in VideoPad and the same goes for videos. 

I must say my experience with this type of software is almost non-existent, so I'm not sure whether I'm doing something wrong, or my PC is to blame, or it's something else. 

Hope someone can help - that would be much appreciated. 

David 

What resolution are the source files?  How long is the project?  What video adapter or card is installed?

Try this:  go to OPTIONS | EDITING tab and in the Advanced section at the bottom click the chevron to the right of Default.  Choose None (CPU only).

Does that make a difference?

image.png

Don't expect highest definition in the preview window, but pixelization is not common.

Export should be clean.  Check out the wide variety of export resolutions - even custom settings.  'Auto match' isn't necessarily the optimal choice.

resolutions.jpg

For protection, Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  From the HOME tab, that choice is available by clicking the chevron to the right of the Save Project button on the toolbar.

If you take a few minutes to share your project, someone will take a look.  The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.