How to add Clips to a Sequence?

coffent

I'm trying to use Videopad for the first time and am rather confused.  I'm viewing the "Editing Video Clips..." tutorial video where the narrator says "...add only the selected portion [of the clip] to the sequence using the Place button"  But unlike the tutorial video, my display does not show a Place button.  The button to the left of the Split button is a View button, not a Place button.

(1) How do I get a Place button to show?

(2) Alternatively, the sequence window says "Drag clip here to add to end of the sequence".  How/where do I grab the clip to drag it to the sequence window?  If I click anywhere on the top right window it simply starts the video playing and doesn't allow me to drag anything.

Thanks for any help!

The ADD or| PLACE button (name varies with Videopad version) will appear after selecting (left-clicking) a clip in the bin.

Drag the cursor to the start of the desired portion of the clip and click SET START.  Drag to the end of the part desired and click SET END.

Now click the ADD or PLACE button and that section of the clip will appear on the sequence.

Drag a clip from the bin to the sequence.  The bin (top-left) is where imported clips are shown under tabs like VideoFiles, AudioFiles, Images, etc. 

Or right-click a bin clip to see common placement options.

The same options are shown when the chevron to the right of ADD | PLACE button is clicked.  image.png