Switch between several video tracks "on the fly", VideoPad purchased edition

JoTheVideoBear

I like filming concerts. I use up to 5 cameras that record from different angles.

Let's say I use camera 1 as the "main track" because it has the best audio. I add clips 2 - 5 as tracks 2 - 5 and mute their audio (I use the audio "waveform" to synchronize the clips in regards of timing, very convenient!).

Now I would like to jump between the 5 video tracks and "activate" camera x for 5 seconds then camera y for 10 seconds then camera z for 3 seconds and so on.

Is there an easy way to do this? I have not found a way to do this in the main window...

Thanks in advance for pointing me in the right direction 🙂

Even more convenient for sync ... drop several tracks onto the timeline, right-click on one of the audio tracks and SYNC AUDIO.

For camera switching, right-click in the preview window to see if clicking on PREVIEW MODE offers a MULTICAM MODE option.  If this test feature is unavailable, reinstall Videopad - perhaps several times - and it may appear.  No need to re-download.

Position the cursor where a camera switch is to be made.  Click ADD SWITCH.

Check the box for the track for the camera track to be used from that point on...          image.png

Do the same for each camera switch.  Note that there's also a REMOVE SWITCH button.  Or right-click on the switch image.png.

Here's an example of how the sequence might look.  Video began with cam 2, then switched to 3, then back to 2, then to 1....

image.png