Problem with an MP4 file

Randy Stafford

Was exporting a slideshow file to an MP4 version which completed successfully. However, once launching the file, I got a failure message: "Missing Codec    This item was encoded in a format that's not supported". The item was noted as "0xc00d5212". I am not not certain where to look for this item (i.e. I ran down the items that I had included in my slideshow to find such an item and did not find it) nor how to fix the problem. Otherwise, I am stuck here and unable to share this slideshow with family and fiends.

Your help in resoling this or advising what I might do as a work around will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!! 

PS
This is my first effort at creating and publishing with this piece of software. 

On 8/9/2022 at 2:50 AM, Randy Stafford said:

However, once launching the file, I got a failure message: "Missing Codec    This item was encoded in a format that's not supported".

I used to use a different slideshow software and once came across this problem, and a solution.  I was recommended to download a small software package called K-Lite codec pack. It included all the most commonly required codecs. These are just small pieces of linking software and if one becomes corrupted or over written by some other software changes it can cause the effect you have noticed.  The K-lite package has been around for years. I have had it installed for at least 5 years with no isues whatsoever. From time to time they advise me of updates. They offer several packs, all free. From memory, mine is the standard pack. To get it just google K-Lite codec pack.