Expenses per Supplier

Renier

Try this:

Click 'Purchases' tab

From left hand menu under 'Suppliers', click 'View Supplier List'

Choose supplier from the list

Click 'Statement' drop-down and choose 'Print Preview'

Enter the period you want, click 'OK'

A statement of account will appear, if it's what you want you can print it off.

There may be other ways I haven't tried.

Thank you for the reply. I does not work. On the statement it there is total bills 0 and total payments 0. i need to know were my money is going to prevent wastage of money because of unnecessary expenses.  

That is strange.

In the suppliers list, is there an amount showing under the 'Accounts Payable' column against the suppliers account?

Try this instead:

Click 'Purchases' tab

In the left hand column under 'Accounts Payable' choose 'View Accounts Payable'.

From this pane, select the dates, and supplier from the drop-down menu - hopefully that will show some meaningful information.

Unfortunately, Express Accounts can be very frustrating. An alternative, if it becomes problematical might, be Gnucash, which is well supported, open source and hence free, which I use, you can view it here https://www.gnucash.org/.

In the suppliers list under the 'Accounts Payable' column it is also 0. In the left hand column under 'Accounts Payable' there is only " enter new Accounts Payable". I will have a look at Gnucash, or maybe I must just buy Quickbooks.

That's odd, if you have created suppliers, and bought stuff from them, and input the transactions, there should be data there - invoices and payments.

I'd give Gnucash a try, it is free and you have nothing to lose, save a little time. I particularly like the drill-down in reports, if you see, on the face of it, an unusual amount, clicking on it takes you to the entries where all is revealed. Once you get used to it, it's really quite powerful.

• 2 months later...

If you find your accounts are not balancing, try recalculating the balances in Express Accounts to see if it helps. To do this, click the Transactions menu option in the main window and select Recalculate Customers' Balances. Express Accounts will run a recalculation automatically.

On 10/25/2022 at 2:56 AM, elk said:

If you find your accounts are not balancing, try recalculating the balances in Express Accounts to see if it helps. To do this, click the Transactions menu option in the main window and select Recalculate Customers' Balances. Express Accounts will run a recalculation automatically.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the topic being discussed here.

Ok, Renier (and those who follow looking for the same thing).

It's been interesting. After many emails, I finally got this out of the support team:

Thank you for contacting us, and we will forward your inquiries to the developers for further testing. I agree with you that it seems to be pointless to enter the vendor's details while entering a payment. As soon as I have details from the developers about this matter I will notify you by email.

When I do a low level search of the files in the data directory, it seems that (for immediate payments) the vendor entered is not being stored - neither as the vendor name nor as the ID of the vendor. The only information stored for the transaction is what pops up in the journal. It looks like they're using the same form for data entry as the enter bill / enter payment workflow, but just ignoring some fields.

So, until the developers decide to add a "direct payments" data structure and populate it with this stuff, we are humped.