VideoPad purchase

Nabilbb

How do I find these information

Also there should be an email sent to me when I purchased, who is that email coming from?

I downloaded old version as you suggested, but, it gave me something weird.

-0-

All I want is my old version to be back.

Also, when the software suggests an update, it should say there is a payment for it.

-0-

I had to purchase a new license just because I had to get a video out today which is on schedule.

This is un-professional and low level of service.

Time to look for another software and put out a blog post about my experience with VideoPad.

First of all, this forum is primarily peer support - folks just like yourself helping others.  If there's a purchase or registration issue, the company will make it right.  https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/support.html    Choose the appropriate category and fill out the form.

You can install most any old version from the archive site.  What "weird" thing did you experience when you attempted the download and what version was it?

While prompts may encourage an update, there is/was no mandate to repurchase or update.  You should have been prompted to the effect 'do you really want to install the update because registration might not work.'  This message appears when there's an update available after your six-month free update period expires. 

UNlicensed/unregistered releases have most of the functionality of licensed releases - at least for time.  If mp4 export isn't available, AVI export may be.

Thank you for your reply and help. I really appreciate it

I don't remember seeing there is a payment to update, or something in that line. That is a not good

End of story, I was forced to pay for the update because I had to get a vid out

Humm,  A "are you sure" warning has always appeared here.

Contact the company.  Tell them the story and no doubt they will refund.

Then, if you desire, install the version that you licensed earlier - or the latest release that falls within the six-month free update window.

If you have lost your code, NCH can supply that as well.   Good luck!

VP is under constant improvement.  Many updates are simply maintenance releases:  a few new features, under-the-hood changes, etc.

Occasionally something breaks, but is quickly fixed when spotted.  It's wise to stick with your purchased release if it's doing a good job, and experiment with newer versions when nothing is pressing.  Even when unlicensed, most features are 'live' during the trial, allowing users to experiment and see what's new or changed.

A  purchased version does not expire or require an update.  And though there is a prompt at install when a update is beyond the grace period, a user may not realize that it is warning that it's been six months since purchase, and that their registration may not work with the new release.