Export Video but only audio, no video

Scott Livingston

I'm stuck! I'm importing a *.mp4 video, add it to the sequence, then add a Template title video. I can preview the sequence that includes the title, my video (with audio) and all looks fine. When I export to video file (I use NCH Express Burn later to burn to Blu-ray), I only get audio and the file size is way too small. I am using VideoPad Pro licensed version 11.86.

First and always, Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  From the HOME tab, that choice is available by clicking the chevron to the right of the Save Project button on the toolbar.  Then you're protected.

Now install this version.

If the issue persists, please share your project so others can analyze it.  The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

I'm not surprised because I've exported 3 other videos, but then it just stopped working. I'll try that setting, and make sure my disk is cleaned up. I did purchase a license after the first 3 successful tries. Now that I have purchased a license, I really need to figure this out. Is there a log that gets created? I would expect some kind of error as well. I can tell when it isn't going to work because the export settings wizard shows a smaller than expected (completed) file size than the original raw video file.

Do this - restart VP and before loading anything go to OPTIONS | DISK tab and Clear Unused Cache Files, then restart VP again and reload your project.

Test the "None (CPU only)" setting.  If that made no difference, did you install the version linked above?

Are you using the default export settings?  If not, what are the settings?

There's no error log, AFAIK.

If none of these measures works, check in again.