How to trigger a snapshot or/and video on DEBUT when a Webcam USB connection

Ed van den Enden

• Ed van den Enden changed the title to How to trigger a snapshot or/and video on DEBUT when a Webcam USB connection

Hello, in this case, you may use the hotkeys on Debut to take snapshots and start, pause, and stop video recording among others.  For details on how to set up and use the hotkeys on Debut, you may follow these links 

http://help.nchsoftware.com/help/en/debut/win/recordingcontrols.html

http://help.nchsoftware.com/help/en/debut/win/control.html

• 1 year later...

Hi Ed,  It is possible to trigger a snapshot.  I am doing movie file digitizing using Debut software.  In the process,  I use a 5meg USB camera and take a snapshot of each movie frame and store it in Debut.  I use an old movie projector with a stepper motor in lieu of the regular motor which  moves the film one frame at a time. The USB camera replaces the projector lamp and a small LED lamp replaces the old lens.  I use an arduino uno which is programmed to run the stepper motor one full revolution.  The usual mouse has been modified by wiring an output contact from the arduino in parallel with the left button a PS2 mouse .  By placing the mouse pointer on the snapshot button,  with each revolution of the stepper motor a new image appears on the debut screen, the arduino output triggers a snapshot through the mouse, the image is saved and after a short pause the arduino causes the stepper motor to make one full revolution which brings up the next image.  The process continues until it is manually stopped.  The resulting file of jpg images are then processed as required using debut, or one of the other NCH programs, and batch converted to an MP4 video using FFMPEG. Works great.

I can provide ore details if you are interested. Do A Private email and I will respond/

I have tried to contact NCH for other means to trigger a snapshot through a com port from the arduino, but have not received any input from them.

Thanks,

Jayboy