Limit to Music Library Size?

MarcoPolo

I have a 64-bit Windows 10 desktop system with two 1TB drives. The one with the music is a solid state drive. I have the (purchased) Professional version of the Zulu program on the "C" drive, which is not solid state.

At first, I just copied the songs I wanted to use for a 1 hour set into a folder on the desktop of "C" drive, and Zulu found them when it asked where "was the music" and I picked the folder on the desktop.

But now I want to add more music for new playlists. I clicked on the "Music" folder on my "F" drive, to access the 600GB of music on there, and the program stopped working completely. I tried only selecting an alphabet letter, instead of the entire "Music" folder, but that was not successful either, as most have 74 subfolders or more. After deleting my playlists and rebooting several times, I thought I might seek answers on your forum.

Is there a limit to the number of folders or songs that the program can handle successfully?

Thanks for any assistance!

Edited by MarcoPolo
Added version of program and that I paid for it

On 7/24/2022 at 8:20 AM, MarcoPolo said:

I have a 64-bit Windows 10 desktop system with two 1TB drives. The one with the music is a solid state drive. I have the (purchased) Professional version of the Zulu program on the "C" drive, which is not solid state.

At first, I just copied the songs I wanted to use for a 1 hour set into a folder on the desktop of "C" drive, and Zulu found them when it asked where "was the music" and I picked the folder on the desktop.

But now I want to add more music for new playlists. I clicked on the "Music" folder on my "F" drive, to access the 600GB of music on there, and the program stopped working completely. I tried only selecting an alphabet letter, instead of the entire "Music" folder, but that was not successful either, as most have 74 subfolders or more. After deleting my playlists and rebooting several times, I thought I might seek answers on your forum.

Is there a limit to the number of folders or songs that the program can handle successfully?

Thanks for any assistance!

Hi!

While there isn't a hard limit on the number of files which can be handled by the program, importing 600 GB worth of music files would almost certainly fill up your computer's cache, much more then those files are imported in once instance.

Moving forward, you may try importing files in smaller batches until you are able to importall 600 GB worth of files.