Text clips truncated at edges of video clip

Tom_W

Videopad 11.73

Created a project using a .mov from an iPhone that displays vertically (resembles portrait mode). I added text clips whose text extends beyond the edges of the video clip. In preview mode the text overlays the video with all text showing. When project is exported to a .mov or .mp4, the text is cut off at the edges of the video. Is there a circumvention?

You composed something like this?   image.png

If you want a 16:9 result, export at 1920 x 1080 with the Crop and Zoom Setting.  image.png

Or, if you want the flowers to remain at 9:16 with black borders, choose the Letterbox Setting.  image.png

In instead, you want a 9:16 output, compose the text within the video boundary and export at that aspect ratio ...  image.png

RESOLVED. It's the resolution setting that is at fault.

I had used 'letterbox' the first time. Looking at it again I think the issue was the 'resolution' setting. This time I changed resolution to 1920x1080 and the text behaved as I wanted. I don't remember what the resolution selection was set to the first time; I didn't even look at it.

Thanks for the excellent description and samples of letterbox and crop/zoom.

-0-0-

More info - I tried another export selecting 'lossless' video. That option preselected 9:16 ratio and grayed out the option so it was not possible to modify the resolution. I'm pretty sure this is what I did on my first attempt.