the point of duplicating a track when effects are automatically applied to both

Laguna

I have split one track into three clips, then duplicated that track (by right-clicking on it and choosing "Duplicate Track" option), then deleted the middle clip from the first track, and the first and the third clips from the duplicate track.

I did so because I wanted to apply some effects to the middle part while keeping the first and the last parts intact.

However, after I had applied an effect (reverb) to the middle part of duplicate track (which by now was the only clip on that track), I discovered that same effects were also automatically applied to the clips on the original track. And later, when I cancelled the effects on the original track (by click on "Fx" and then unchoosing the applied effects), cancellation also took place automatically on the duplicate track!

So, is it like if you duplicate a track by using "Duplicate Track" option on the menu, whatever effects are applied on the duplicate track, they will also be duplicated on the original one? If so, then I don't quite see the point of it. Can somebody, please, explain what is that needed for?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2022 at 4:46 PM, Laguna said:

I have split one track into three clips, then duplicated that track (by right-clicking on it and choosing "Duplicate Track" option), then deleted the middle clip from the first track, and the first and the third clips from the duplicate track.

I did so because I wanted to apply some effects to the middle part while keeping the first and the last parts intact.

However, after I had applied an effect (reverb) to the middle part of duplicate track (which by now was the only clip on that track), I discovered that same effects were also automatically applied to the clips on the original track. And later, when I cancelled the effects on the original track (by click on "Fx" and then unchoosing the applied effects), cancellation also took place automatically on the duplicate track!

So, is it like if you duplicate a track by using "Duplicate Track" option on the menu, whatever effects are applied on the duplicate track, they will also be duplicated on the original one? If so, then I don't quite see the point of it. Can somebody, please, explain what is that needed for?

Hi!

Instead of duplicating the track, you may also opt to import the same audio clip twice, on two separate tracks, one with effects and one without.

Let us know if this addresses your concern. Keep in touch!

On 7/29/2022 at 2:37 PM, EIB said:

Hi!

Instead of duplicating the track, you may also opt to import the same audio clip twice, on two separate tracks, one with effects and one without.

Let us know if this addresses your concern. Keep in touch!

Yes, it works! Thank you.

However, I still don't understand the point in having this feature that duplicates a track in this way. Is there any valid reason for that?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2022 at 11:22 PM, Laguna said:

Yes, it works! Thank you.

However, I still don't understand the point in having this feature that duplicates a track in this way. Is there any valid reason for that?

Being able to duplicate tracks with the same effects chain is quite a standard among DAWs —— as it allows producers (such as yourself) to save time, if in case you'd only want to make minor adjustments on the duplicate.

If, for example, you are working on a track that has 5 distinct effects units on the effects chain, and each of those effects have modified parameters, it would be more tedious if you will have to redo them one at a time.

6 hours ago, EIB said:

Being able to duplicate tracks with the same effects chain is quite a standard among DAWs —— as it allows producers (such as yourself) to save time, if in case you'd only want to make minor adjustments on the duplicate.

- But the problem is those minor adjustments will also be applied to the original track. That's what makes me question the usefulness of that feature.  

On 8/10/2022 at 5:15 AM, Laguna said:

- But the problem is those minor adjustments will also be applied to the original track. That's what makes me question the usefulness of that feature.  

a DCX 464 for instance still have an IMD advantage over an ordinary driver in a home situation although 

More:
https://eldfall-chronicles.com/

https://nexthash.com/news/what-is-otc-trading-in-crypto-and-how-does-it-work

Maybe, doesn't matter what we write it cant be explained it has to be written, read, thought over, acted in rl, felt and remembered.