[solved] adding effect to only one clip on the track

Laguna

I have a track, the middle part of which I want to have more of reverb effect. The problem is I want to add that effect only to that one middle part of the track while keeping the rest of it unchanged. I thought I could do that by simply splitting the track into three clips, the middle part being the second clip, and adding effect to the second clip. But then I discovered that the added effect is  affecting the whole track. So, I wonder if it's possible to add an effect to only one given clip on the track or the only way to go around it is to duplicate the track for editing only that middle part? 

2 minutes ago, Laguna said:

I have a track, the middle part of which I want to have more of reverb effect. The problem is I want to add that effect only to that one middle part of the track while keeping the rest of it unchanged. I thought I could do that by simply splitting the track into three clips, the middle part being the second clip, and adding effect to the second clip. But then I discovered that the added effect is  affecting the whole track. So, I wonder if it's possible to add an effect to only one given clip on the track or the only way to go around it is to duplicate the track for editing only that middle part? 

Hi!

In this case, what you can do is duplicate the audio clip, retain that on the first track.

Then the second track which contains the duplicated clip, "split" and choose what regions you want to apply effects onto.

Then on the third track, put there the "middle" clip which you want to apply effects onto. On this track is also where you will add your desired effects.

Your MixPad timeline will look something like this (refer to attached screenshot).

Screen Shot 2022-07-14 at 10.50.05 AM.png

Thank you. What you have suggested is the other option that I have described in my question.

I am a bit surprised that there is no way of adding effects to  only one particular clip on the track. Duplicating tracks for that purpose is rather cumbersome. 

• Laguna changed the title to [solved] adding effect to only one clip on the track
On 7/14/2022 at 12:08 PM, Laguna said:

Thank you. What you have suggested is the other option that I have described in my question.

I am a bit surprised that there is no way of adding effects to  only one particular clip on the track. Duplicating tracks for that purpose is rather cumbersome. 

Hi Laguna,

Much like other DAWs, effects are added on the entire track itself, instead of one clip.

This is to increase the efficiency of just having to load one instance of a particular effect to be applied on multiple clips (as this is more common) as opposed to having to load an instance of an effect/plugin for every clip.

But we appreciate your feedback!