Missing bits of sound?

Sal

I have been using Video Pad for a couple of years  now and love it. I recently downloaded the new version in the hope that a glitch that started a few weeks ago would be resolved, but its still there? I record video/audio using the programme but when I play back to edit there are odd seconds of audio missing, in any 5 minutes of video I'm losing about 30 seconds. I've tested all my mikes (blue yeti, Bose etc) and they are fine, if I record audio in another programme it's also fine so my sound card is ok.  I'm getting around it by recording straight to another camera/mike at the same time as using a camera with the programme, deleting the audio from Videopad and editing in the audio from my camera together to get the sound in synch but I shouldn't have to! Any ideas??

Please explain exactly how the audio is being recorded.  Then let's see one of the recordings that is missing audio on playback.

Someone will check it out.  Upload the file/s to a free server, such as Google Drive or MS OneDrive, get a shared (public) link, copy the link and paste it here or to me in a Private Message via the mail envelope in the top-right corner of this forum.  When using Google Drive, if necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with link can view."

Thanks! In this video I'm using my laptop with a blue yeti microphone. (I had an independent dslr set up with røde go mic as well as I knew the sound would drop)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kK162HvUnTiXzG60I3v9xYUpzOiQVYym/view?usp=sharing

I've done tests with my røde go, logitech c920 webcam and integral laptop mike, all the same, every few minutes a bit drops out. 

Here is another, this time I was using the c920 mic https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x7o4FeF0iK3bGpYF6nzzMXpbdXZKP5lG/view?usp=sharing

Indeed odd.  It's not the mics.  You are plugged into the PC and recording via the Windows mixer?  mixer.jpg

Record a file without using Videopad - perhaps via the Voice Recorder or other audio utility on the laptop.  Does it happen there?

Checked three recordings in VP 11.71 here and all were normal.  Next thing to try...

Close VP.  Then use Windows Explorer (the file manager) to delete all files in these folders.  When done, install this VP version.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\Components"   (or they may be in the Program Files path (no x86).

"C:\Users\<PC user name>\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\Components"

If another PC is available, try it there.

It's evening here in UK...I'll do it in the morning thanks!

-0-0-

Couldn't wait so did just as you said, then a test video for 5 minutes and all fine! Thank you so much Borate, you have saved me hours of editing!

Good night Sal