Fading out slowed-down video clip

Rowland

I've come across an interesting problem. I have compiled a short video which comprises one video clip and two text overlays.  Normally I would fade these all down together at the end, in the usual way, and all would be well.  But, in this case, I have slowed down the the video clip to about 25% of its normal speed. This all works fine until the playback reaches the LEADING EDGE of the three fade downs at the end. The video then judders and sticks until the sequence finishes playing - it continues playing, but with the video clip frozen. I put the video clip back to its normal speed and the fade-down at the end worked fine. So the software seems to be struggling with the combination of playing back the video at a slower speed and carrying out the three fades (one video clip and 2 text overlays) at the same time.

Any thoughts, please?

Two things to try...

1.  Add the fade to the slowed clip after applying the speed change.

2.  Don't program individual track fades.  Instead, click the SEQUENCES tab at the top-left of the bin.  Right-click on Sequence 1 and click on EFFECTS.

If you don't see a sequence tab, click the + sign on the Sequence tab that just above the timeline, to add a new blank sequence.  image.png

Choose the Transparency effect and plot a fade.  Set the Opacity slider to 100%, then drag the red cursor to the right until it's near the end. 

Click the small green + sign to set a keyframe.  Then drag the cursor to the very end and set Opacity to zero.  That will automatically create a second keyframe.

The horizontal distance between the keyframes determines the speed of the fade.  Keyframe dots can be dragged.  When done, the graph should look like this...

image.png      All tracks will fade at once.

Hi, again, Borate.  Just following-up on your suggestion, I created the second Sequence but I can't see how/where to add an effect to that sequence, seeing as though it's blank (empty).

I guess I must be missing something.