Simply Will Not Play Audio

David74W

Hi I used to use this program all the time and I loved it. Been a couple years. Re-downloaded. Even repurchased a license. Uninstalled old versions. Unistalled new versions and re-installed. Updated Windows. Same error every single time, no matter what: "Playback Failed. Please check that your audio hardware is functioning properly. Go to options-playback blah blah blah" I go there, and there's only two options: 1) Default. 2) Realtek Speakers/headphones. I try both. Same error. I plug in headphones. I take out headphones. Same error. Again and again no matter what.

Running Windows 10 on a Dell. Can anyone solve this maddening issue for me? I'm under an extreme deadline.

PS The irony in this is that when it gives me the error, it plays a sound. So it won't play the mp3, but it will play the BLOOP ERROR sound. Awesome. 

• 2 weeks later...

On 7/4/2022 at 11:36 PM, David74W said:

Yes, I've tried everything. Not working. 

Hi!

Could you send us the sample files you are trying to work on so that we may try it on our end?

You may use a cloud storage service (Google Drive/DropBox/WeTransfer/etc.) of your choice then please send us the transfer link so that we may be able to access the files.

If you wish to address this privately,ou may open a support ticket through this link https://www.nch.com.au/support/index.html

Thank you for your cooperation.

• 3 months later...

A combination of several things helped me get back to work; who knows which one really did the trick.  I uninstalled and reinstalled Scribe, and then I rebooted the laptop.  Everything's working now.  Maybe the reboot should be mentioned as the first step, every time, for every problem.  :)