Keep getting this audio clip is still loading error

HelpingSaveHumanity

Hi there,

So I did a screen recording video with Nimbus, converted it into MP4 via their convert tool, and for the first time ever, NCH keeps telling me it's still trying to load an audio file. Hours & now a day later, still same issue. 

I removed the video & the error went away & my music & slide played. I put it back, same issue.

Here is the link to the video & is only 60.3 MB

https://mega.nz/folder/E0k1iYrZ#THO0qkdvsNcpU6RwD-ipaA

Here's the error. https://i.imgur.com/ublc2HC.png

Thanks a ton

• HelpingSaveHumanity changed the title to Keep getting this audio clips is still loading error

Took a minute or so but loaded in this version normally.  Try it.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Audio did not load when the file was imported into another editing program.

• borate changed the title to Keep getting this audio clip is still loading error

The test here used version 11.71.  Try it.  Audio loads as a separate, full track within a few minutes.

MediaInfo reports that the audio codec used was OPUS.  That's one not seen here before.  Perhaps that's the issue?  Nimbus might offer an alternative encoder.

Upload and share the project - that has the music and slide at the head - and we'll see if the behavior changes.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

image.png

Ok, so Nimbus gave me a link to DL codexs & I did that & it fixed the problem. Yeh!!!

Then I updated to the version you mentioned.

I really don't like that NCH never tells me when there's an update & that you have to DL the update from a webpage.

That's not how things are done in 2022.

Thanks for all of your help.

Have a good one.

Many 'updates' are maintenance releases - little change - and there's no mandate to install them if the release you are using is working well for you.

You can always test drive the latest, even if it's unregistered, to check out changes.  Retain your purchased info and installer.