Video has some overlay

HelpingSaveHumanity

Hi

What format is this clip?  Does it play OK in VLC player?  It would be useful if you could share the clip so other users here could take a look. The instructions to do this are in the  pinned section at the head of the forum......

Please include VideoPad version in your post.

How to include a link to screenshots (or any file) in your forum post.  For sharing a project see below.

Screenshots can often help describe the problem better. Upload the image to Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, etc.
Copy (share) the URL and paste it into your post here.  If using Google Drive, click on GET | COPY, and confirm that it's not RESTRICTED.
The screenshot itself won't be posted, but clicking the link will display it.

How to share your project for analysis:

Share your project.  Someone will take a look and come up with a fix.  The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.   Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 

Nat

I just downloaded video pad so it's the latest version.

Yes I checked it in VLC, it runs fine.

Here is the clip - https://mega.nz/folder/E0k1iYrZ#THO0qkdvsNcpU6RwD-ipaA

-0-

So I hired someone to cut these clips & now the 2nd one is doing the same thing. It was ok when I first dragged it into Video Pad, but now it's doing the same thing.

I'd have to cut from the main video myself & see if it does the same thing.

Very strange.

Thanks

Looks normal in the three most recent VP releases.

There have been reports of a conflict with some video adapters/cards.  Try this...

Go to OPTIONS | EDITING tab and in the bottom Advanced area choose None (CPU only)   image.png

Report back if that helps, and please list your PC specs:  GPU/CPU/RAM

So I don't have my regular computer set up. I had to move & am using an old laptop, but the software loads fine. This is why I was paying others to do the video work for me, but I want to go back to doing it myself.

I changed it, the video didn't change unless you want me to remove it & add it again.

It's a very very short clip.

I'd have to test other videos that weren't clipped by that guy to see if they do the same thing.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/o6v3w0ieCZJJ0PaWWUim6gb

Thanks