Clip freezes during export

Faust

Hi,

I'm having issues when exporting a video. It's 12 min long so far, but the issue arises at the beging, on the 4th clip. There is no effect or transition to/from the clip, and yet, once exported, that clip freezes for 2 seconds.

I do not understand why. I have tried replacing the clip, clearing the cache, shutting videopad and restarting, changing the frame rate for the export, nothing works. It always freezes at the exact same place.

Please, help.

Thank you.

What version of Videopad is being used?  Is the clip reversed?

Install the latest release and see if the issue persists.  If so, share the project and someone here will troubleshoot.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Thank you for the reply.

I have the latest version (updated a few days ago). The video exports well if I restart the computer, but I will share the file if the issue persists. 

Thanks again.

Good to hear.  Prior to adding files for a new project, go to OPTIONS | DISK tab and Clear Unused Cache files.

This can be done at anytime during a session as well.

But if returning to a project where no other has been worked on in the interim, don't clear the cache.  Reloading will be much faster than starting fresh.

• borate changed the title to Clip freezes during export (Yavo)

Hello, I am having the same issue, I have cleared all my folders, cleared cache and uploaded again.  Still stopping around the 4th clip of video.  I do not have any issues if I just use photos.  This started when i bought the newer version, I have been reporting the bug for a month with no help.  I can upload a file, but again it is happening on any file i have video, not pictures.  I am frustrated 😒

This started when i upgraded to windows 11.  here is my video.  I feel dumb, but i can't upload it from videopad.

Your posts have been consolidated here.  No need to post more than once.

This forum is a good place to report issues.  True bugs are relayed to developers.  What version of Videopad is being used?  Try this beta release.

It is a test, but is working well here.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

If the problem persists, sharing the project is the best way to resolve it.  As noted above, follow these steps closely...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

• borate changed the title to Clip freezes during export

I downloaded your version above

I have tried 3 times to export, it went to 21 mins, then 11 mins and now it's stopping at 40 seconds.  here is the file.  It keeps saying "not responding"  I have to reboot everytime.  It's not just this video clip.  Thank you so much for your help.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Y4cC85QlZN8Rbonlhmbmm8t6IUeYDDa2?usp=sharing

Can't spot a thing wrong with your project.  No freezes.  This hints that it may be a resource issue - video editing is resource intensive.

What are your PC's specs:  CPU/GPU/RAM/Free space on the drive?

If yours is Windows 11, 64-bit, please Install this 64-bit version of Videopad, which can utilize memory more extensively.

Confirm that the PC video driver and Direct-X are up to date...  https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/kb/1772.html

-0-0-

One way to ease the load and speed export is to experiment with this procedure, starting with a clean project (Clear Cache Files)...

1.  Create the master video (no audio), making certain that the first frame exactly matches the last.  In your case, the length will be 6:58.369.

2.  Export that sequence.

3.  Start a new project (Clear Cache Files), and ADD the sequence you just exported.

4. Click the Sequence tab (top-left in the bin), click the sequence and click the ADD button (under the Preview window).  Do this repeatedly until the project length is what you want.

5.  Add the music cuts to track 2.  Just ignore the silent track 1.

To make certain that video isn't disturbed you may want to right-click to the left of the video track and LOCK TRACK.

6.  UNlock video first if you want crossfades and add them at each junction.  When adding crossfades, a prompt appears:  choose OVERLAP (not FREEZE).

If you don't use transitions, export will be faster, but the trans will be a cut, of course.

7.  Export as LOSSLESS video.