'Videopad is blocked with an anormal exception' 'Videopad s'est bloqué avec une exception anormale' (in French)

Scannerbis2

Hello, Videopad shuts down almost everytime with this message in French 'Videopad s'est bloqué avec une exception anormale' that I would translate by 'Videopad is blocked with an anormal exception'.

Reinstalling the software doesn't change anything.

Any idea to solve this problem ?

Thanks (Merci !)

Does it do this while editing or when exporting?  Does it do it for all projects, or just certain ones?  What are the PC's specs:  CPU/GPU/RAM?

What version is being used?  Try the latest.   Try going to OPTIONS | EDITING tab and in the Advanced section choosing NO (CPU only).

Please report if one of these measures fixes the issue.

It does happen at every project saving and also at a few other actions...

The PC is an offline Windows XP computer with which I use for years an old free version of videopad : I don't understand why it suddenly turns wrong like this...

Hard to know, especially with a dated operating system.  You did not mention the VP version being used.

If it's a recent release, go to OPTIONS | EDITING tab and in the Advanced section at the bottom choose NO (CPU only) and see if that helps.

Under OPTIONS | DISK tab click Clear Unused Cache Files, then restart the program and load your project.

Try a reinstall of your old version.  Many legacy releases are available here

Be sure that the disc partition used for caching has ample free space.  1.jpg

Confirm that the video driver and Direct-X are as current as possible.  https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/kb/1772.html