Run Out of Text Video When Making Speed Change to Match Audio

Yag

I use VideoPad to make a scrolling teleprompter (video track is a text file of song lyrics that scrolls from bottom to top) to sync to an audio track. The final product is an mp4 sound file with teleprompter.

I am having a problem syncing wordy songs.  When I change the speed of the video track the teleprompter runs out of the video text file (scrolling words).

What is the solution to this dilemma?

I tried moving the right border and it does the same thing; it cuts the video at the right border while there is still audio playing.

It seems like the video somehow needs to be compressed (or timed) so it exists to the end of the sound track.

Also, moving the right border to the left plays the sound track faster, so that is not going to work either.

If you have composed in the text editor and set it to scroll, the resulting clip will scroll start to end, no matter what the text clip length is.

So, if the clip is the same length as the audio, as in the above demo, nothing should be cut off.

Upload the project and someone will take a look.  That's the best way to track this down.  The process isn't difficult and takes but a few minutes.

Just follow these steps carefully...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Thanks for sharing.  The exported mp4 isn't needed.  Your timeline should look something like this...

image.png

Set the bottom-to-top scroll option in the text window.  Track two (intro) will be seen until it ends, then track one will scroll through the music. 

I have done a lot of these exactly that way.  The problem is that, for some reason this text seems to be scrolling too slow, and I cannot get the timing right on the words (text)-to- music.  In the past I have adjusted the word timing by adding spaces between lines.  I thought the "speed up text" function would help but all it does is move the text file to the left, then it stops displaying the text file while there is still audio left on the bottom track.  Perhaps adding extra "empty" text lines to the end will help speed it up.  Is that sound like a feasible solution?

Spacing between lines may be the best solution.

But here's another method you can try...

Download this mp4 of your video scroll and replace the original with it on the timeline.

Right-click on the clip and UNLINK, then delete its audio track.  Now drag the music to the far left.  Vid/aud tracks should now be the same length.

To the left of the audio track, right-click and LOCK TRACK.

When you want to change the speed of a section, use the SPLIT button to isolate that section - splitting the IN and the OUT points.

Right-click in that split-out section and CHANGE SPEED.  If speed is increased that will leave a video gap.  Click in the gap and CLOSE GAP.

After making various speed changes the video may not be the same length as the audio.  Make up for that by splitting out the end section and adjusting speed, so the audio and video again match up.