Need help with custom beat videos

alkemy007

I'm not sure how I can explain it, but I'll give it a shot: What I'm looking to do, is make videos to accompany my instrumentals. What I want it to look like, if possible is, have 4 seperate segments surrounding a video, so, I'd have a circle in the middle, with some visuals in there, then have 4 outlined segments surrounding that circle, with my logo, an equaliser, and whatever else for the other two segments. 

Is this possible in Videopad? Also, if it is, is there any templates available anywhere that I can customise?

Apologies if this doesn't make sense lol

If this is the idea...  image.png

Begin with your video on track 2 (shown as a brown background here).

Add your circle visual on track 1.  Create a circular mask followed by a 0 opacity transparency effect...  1.jpg     Use the RADIUS slider to change circle size.

Then overlay four individual tracks, each with different video (shown here as the same image).  Use the MOTION effect to scale and position each quadrant.

2.jpg

To make it easier to add the four quadrants, after the first is overlaid on track 3 and scaled/positioned, overlay the next video on track 4.  Then right-click on that track and APPLY LAST USED VIDEO EFFECT.  If will exactly overlay the first quadrant.  In the preview window it can dragged to the position desired for the second quadrant.  Do the same when overlaying tracks 5 and 6 (for quadrants 3 and 4).  In lieu of dragging, move the sliders in the effects window.

The images here can be made larger - click on them.

• 2 weeks later...

It's kiiiiind of what I want, but, if you look at my pic, you see the outline I have done, what I'm looking to do, is have 4 of those kinda shapes, 2 at the top, 2 at the bottom, with video/pics inside of that shape. That will be always the same on the beat videos. Then, the middle segment, will be a different video everytime, to accentuate whatever beat is playing.

Hope that makes sense, and thanks for your time too.

You can have any video or image in the cutouts, whether static or changing.  Unique shapes can be created by using the mask with transparency.

Don't see a pic, so can't see the outline.

To link an image, upload it to a free server like MS OneDrive or Google Drive and get a sharable link.  Post that link here.

If using Google be sure to make the link public, not restricted.

If you just want lines, create them as a separate layer in a graphics program that supports layers.  Delete the image layer.  Save as a PNG.

Add this as the top track in Videopad.  If the PNG isn't transparent, use the Green Screen effect in to remove its background.

Snapshot - 2.png

If you want something a bit more complex, first set DUAL DISPLAY under the FILE | VIEW menu.

Begin with your background - a blank clip brown color gradient background here - and drag it up to track 6.

Open the effects window and freehand draw a Polygon Mask in the upper left-hand corner.  image.png  It's the small green + icon.

Add the TRANSPARENCY effect with zero OPACITY and 75% (or so) feathering.  When satisfied click the Clear Mask button on the effects toolbar, the one with the red X.  (UNcheck the Show Mask box if necessary.)

Add the picture to be inserted into the mask on track 5.  Use the MOTION effect to position and size it in the mask area.

Repeat the process in turn - drawing a mask for each corner and adding a positioned/sized insert on the next lower track.

The final mask position will be center, a Circular Mask with TRANSPARENCY and zero OPACITY.  The insert image will be added to track 1, positioned and sized..

Takes experimentation, but this can be done with persistence and patience.  Here's an example where four corners and the center were created...

Snapshot - 3.png                                        mask.jpg

Be sure to Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  From the HOME tab, that choice is available by clicking the chevron to the right of the Save Project button on the toolbar.