Open Project data files in Mixpad and save effect chain

Rosanne1

Hi all I want to open an old file in mixpad and I see all the project data folders on my hard drive but can't seem to import them into the program.  Also I want to save an effect chain so I can use it in other projects with extension .ecf and can't open that either.

• 1 month later...

MixPad allows you to build a live effect chain on each track. A live effect chain means that any effect you apply will be applied during playback, which eliminates the need to wait for your audio to render with the effect. To create or edit an effect, simply click the Fx button in the track control panel. MixPad will present you with a window showing the list of effects currently applied to the selected track. Click Add Effect to add a new effect, the new added effect will be highlighted which means it is selected and the checkbox before the effect indicates that it is enabled. If you select an existing effect, you can see and edit all the effect’s properties. Select an effect and click Remove Effect to remove the effect from the chain. If you untick the checkbox next to an effect you can disable the effect but still keep it in your chain.

Once you setup the effect chain, you can save that effect chain to a file by clicking on Save Effect Chain. You can also load effect chains into a track by clicking Load Effect Chain.