Can't save my project as mp4

eugen

• borate changed the title to Can't save my project as mp4

What version of Videopad is being used?  Try the latest. 

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

What are your export settings?  What's the format of the bulk of the source files?  How long is the project?

Folks here will be glad to help if you take the time to share your work.   The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

I'm using the latest edition of VP and it's doing the exact same thing. It only just started doing this a couple of weeks ago, but across 4 projects (all about 5 minutes each, with gifs and text added in) VP went from mild annoyance to completely unusable. I purchased the program around 3 months ago; I'm also happy to upload it to anyone that wants to see it. i don't know why it's happening, as I was doing the same work on it months back with no issues. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bXv9SDLxENt4ADQmU4LZDgksklGATrJc/view?usp=sharing

I'm completely stuck right now, and would really appreciate some direction on a fix. I've reinstalled the same (latest) version and earlier versions, I have hundreds of gigs of space left, running on Win 11.

The VPJ file alone isn't of much help.  We need to see the project folder that contains it and all source files.  Carefully follow the 4 steps listed in my earlier post above.  Someone here will check it out.

To overcome possible program corruption...

Use this free tool to uninstall Videopad.  Allow it to scan registry entries and delete those as well.  Then install this version (for now) and report back.

And of course Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  From the HOME tab, that choice is available by clicking the chevron to the right of the Save Project button on the toolbar.

I used the tool to uninstall it this time, and reinstalled from the website (though I did that last time as well). 

I didn't insert any gifs, only one image and some text; everything exported just like it used to. I'll get a little more complex with it on the next project again and see if that was the problem. If there's another issue, I'll post up everything in a project folder. But for now, it looks like it had some corrupted registry files, so thank you!

Nope, next project immediately crashed the whole thing again, 0% exported. I've sent the bug reports, but at this point I'm pretty desperate..even enough to read instructions!  So, here's the link to the project backup. Near as I can tell, the only difference between the two projects was the number of GIFs. But it did them up to a couple of weeks ago, soooo...I don't know what changed.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Q-jhLXw7_PTkz74IgQTKt9zGc0-OYPHc?usp=sharing

It all ran, if not smoothly, until attempted export, so this is everything in the project backup. I'll reinstall again if necessary, but I've left it untouched for now.

Thanks for sharing.  Totally normal export here at suggested default settings, using this version.

Before initial loading of a project, go to OPTIONS | DISK tab and Clear Unused Cache Files

Confirm that the video driver and Direct-X are up to date...   https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/kb/1772.html

To get a smoother font scroll at the end, try exporting at a constant 24 or 25fps rate and perhaps extending the scroll duration.

Report back.

Uninstalled everything. Reinstalled version 11.48 you gave me, Borate. I checked out the video you uploaded...yep, that's mine (dammit, had the wrong mic again!). When I exported, it failed again, then again when I updated my Lenovo Thinkpad.

When I updated the intel drivers, though, it all worked just like it did before. The noise you heard a while ago was the happy sigh. Intel drivers appeared to be the culprits.

Thank you!  I'll pay more attention to my drivers--computer is only a few months old, but obviously something changed.