Text doesn't change from italics to regular anymore

Mondaygirl

I am a transcriptionist, and I often need to type a speaker label in italics, and then the speech in regular test. I used to be able to create labels like that in FastFox, but now the text remains in italics, no matter how many times I change it from italics back to regular in the shortcut. Example to clarify:

Instead of "Speaker: Speech speech speech" it expands to "Speaker: Speech speech speech" even though I make sure to change the font from italics back to regular at the end of the rich text shortcut. 

Does this make any sense? It drives me nuts that I can't figure out why it won't work anymore, even though it used to. And all this changing fonts is slowing me down tremendously. Help?

• 7 months later...

Hi @Mondaygirl,

Please open the program -> double-click on the Shortcut that you want to change. A new window will open showing the text you wrote. Please select this text and make sure that the option Italic is not active (it should be grey, not blue). Attached is a screenshot showing the steps: https://files.fm/u/usxzewugd

In case that you can not see the option to change font style please click on the Convert to rich text button.