Inventoria - Your Solution for Services and Non-inventoried Items?

itstheburns

I'm a service and product based business and this software, for some, doesn't have support for non-inventoried items. For now, I am setting Labor and other services at 999999 units with a $0 cost. My costs for labor and other services are tracked in other ways. I am interested in hearing what some of you are doing for service-based items. I am also using Express Accounts and Express Invoice along side Inventoria. Hopefully this will be part of a new version as this seems to be something that's part of many businesses. I really like the ease of use, but some things need to be redesigned.

In this case, you may create an item in Inventoria for Labor and the other services you offer; this way, you can pull a report of items sold including the hours you have worked.

You may treat labor and other services as you treat other goods, for accounting and inventory purposes.

I'm trying a new approach, at least for my service items. I've deleted my service items from Inventoria and added them in Express Invoice. I don't feel that this is a good solution since it doesn't address the main issue. The issue with having service type items in Inventoria is they don't show up in the items list in Express Invoice when the quantity is set to 0. Services and non-inventory items should still show up and be selectable. This also creates an issue with quotes. The items do not show up if it has a quantity of 0. I don't stock many items regularly. Many of them I add to quotes before parts are ordered.