Disc will not play

Jan1

Until last year I used Photodex Gold for my slideshows. Unfortunately January 31st 2021 they discontinued their program. Recently I purchased a licensed copy of Photostage. After making my first slideshow successfully I burnt it on a DVD-RW, as I always did in the past. I tried MP4 and avi but in both cases the disc will not play on my Sony DVD player. Maybe my player only supports MP3, but it surely supports avi. Suggestion anyone? Thx.

Hi! I'm guessing you used the DVD DATA DISC export option. Can you tell me what export settings you used, when using AVI? Are you certain your DVD player supports AVI? What resolution and frame rate did you use? 

If you are certain it supports AVI, you may want to try and change the compression settings, right next to where you set the format you have a link "DEFAULT QUALITY / FILESIZE" click on it and try changing the compression setting to MPEG4 and if that does not work go back and try the other compressors and see if that helps. 

If you still have the same issue, I would suggest you reach out to the NCH Technical support so they can assist you properly. You can create a support ticket for them here:

https://www.nch.com.au/support/index.html