Constant ring for incoming callers via Broadvoice SIP gateway

jimbojr

Freinds,

I don't understand how the ring process works Broadvoice and Express Talk. When an incoming caller phones my Brodavoice line and Express Talk, my registered softphone client, answers the phone, the caller hears a continuous ring, rather than distince phone rings, just like you'd expect when calling anyone on a regular phone line.

Now, I don't have this issue with other softphones I've used. So, I have to conclude that it's some configuration issue or incompatibility between Broadvoice and Express Talk that causes this to happen.

Can anyone shed light on this issue? I really want to use Express Talk and the other NCH products.

Thanks.

Jimbo

Yes.

I've tried Express Talk via. Axon and Express Talk by itself. I have the exact same problem with both setups. I started with Express Talk via Axon because I had read about he Broadvoice issues. However, using Axon did not solve my problem.

I've heard that the Broadvoice servers have problems. Can you elaborate a bit as to what issues Broadvoice presents? If Broadvoice is so problematic, perhaps I should find another SIP gateway vendor.

Thanks.

Jimbo