No sound while recording

Bunsby

I'm recording video from a BetaMax player.  While it's recording I can see the video but can't hear any sound.  The level bar for the one channel that has the audio input is showing that there is audio and when I play the result of the recoding I can hear the audio.  Why is there no sound while the recording is being made?

Hummm...

While recording, open Windows mixer by right-clicking the 'speaker' icon at the bottom-right of the screen.

Is there a BetaMax entry?  If so, is the volume turned down or muted?

What version of Videopad is this?   What connections are being used to effect the transfer?

It's VideoPad 10.24.   The transfer is made with a conversion lead into a USB port.  The input devices are video: EM28284 USB video device and audio: Line (EM28284 USB audio).  The transfer equipment and device drivers are Video-2-PC from www.video-2-pc.co.uk.

There's no EM28284 device when I open Volume Mixer from the speaker icon but there is, and I get the sound while recording, if I do the following:

Open Sound Settings/Related Settings/Sound Control Panel/Recording tab/Line/Properties/Listen tab/Check 'Listen to this device'

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.