How to re-consolidate mistakenly split clips on the time line back again together?

MLO2022

Hi Team

I am looking for a trick how to re-join the clips on the time line back together?

I have separate individual clips and I don´t want to click each of them to apply some effects.  I would like to combine them back together again so that I have just one clip to operate with to adjust the colors and brightness for the entire clip.

I don´t want to do it individually for all the short 20 clips.  I wish to have one solid clip and do the color adjustment.

Would appreciate any tip from you.

Regards,

MLO

• borate changed the title to How to re-consolidate mistakenly split clips on the time line back again together?

No need to re-join.

Select (highlight) all the clips that you want to effect.

Click an FX icon on any one of those clips.

Add the effect.  If it doesn't immediately apply to all selected clips click the "replace effect chain..." box icon with the green check mark on the toolbar.  image.png

Any time you make a mistake immediately press <ctrl-Z> to go back, step-by-step.

Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  From the HOME tab, that choice is available by clicking the chevron to the right of the Save Project button on the toolbar.  Then you're protected and can use the VPJ to open the saved project.