How-to relate audio track to adjacent video

Alan R

Adding audio to complement a video track - select audio track - opens in clip window - can alter volume using fade points no problem.

What I would like to do is be able to move the main track pointer along the axis of the main video (inc its audio track), and have the clip window (showing the audio track) cursor follow on the adjacent audio track.  This would enable me to move to a specific point on the video track (watched in the sequence preview window) and then make adjustments to the adjacent fade point that I know aligns with video actions.

In fact locking both pointers together would be cool then when either were moved the sequence preview would show the video action and the clip window pointer would track the sound.

Is there a way of achieving what I wish, or would this be a new idea for NCH to consider?

I can get what I want (audio changes to related to video actions) but it's a very hit and miss and tweak exercise. 

Alan.

Brilliant -  again!

Not quite what I was suggesting, but the end result is the same.  Was thinking dragging the main cursor and having the clip cursor follow, but I guess dragging the clip cursor and having the main cursor following is much the same.

End result is that the two stay linked which was what I was really after.

Thank you yet again for your prompt reply, very very much appreciated

Alan.