Wavepad will not record

PaulGW

I'm new to Wavepad and unable to get record anything from my PC.  All Wavepad does is to report some easy help messages:  (1) Make sure Stereo Mix (Driver) is connected & turned on, and (2) try another Audio Input Device.  I've tried all Devices on the Wavepad's Audio Recorder Tab: (Stereo Mix (Realtek Audio), [Default Sound In] and [AISO] Realtek AISO.  My Win10 Recording Driver [Stereo Mix (Realtek Audio)] has been enabled and is recording fine in another audio editor.  I have installed the (Wavepad recommended) Soundtap Streaming Audio Recorder but have no idea (what for and/or) where to go look for it (it's not listed in Wavepad's Audio Recording Devices) even after rebooting...

I’m trying to record a YouTube broadcast.  Neither Audacity and OcenAudio have any issues to record YouTube.  It looks to me as if the Wavepad Recorder is incompatible with RealTek Drivers.  Alas, I installed SoundTap last Tuesday and it will today only say that my 14-day trial has expired…. 

• 1 year later...

I can't get Wavepad to record from a microphone at all.

I followed the Recording Setup tutorial video and the  db meter on the Record tab in the Options window reacts to the mic. The recording level indicator in the main window also reacts when I speak into the mic.
I have a new empty file opened. However, the recording control buttons are (Rec/Pause/Stop, etc) are partially grayed out. When I press Record or F5 to start recording, nothing happens.

Any ideas?