Journal entries not picked up

woodlandechoes

I have just started to use Express Accounts- Accounting software for the Mac Vers 9.04. I do not require things like sales, invoices, purchases, inventory, etc. as we are using the program for a Condo we rent. It would be nice it unused features could be turned off!

I only require Income statements, Balance Sheet,sales tax (GST) reports, and bank reconciliation as we have few banking transactions I do not require any Web Links.

I created a chart of accounts and have been able to make entries in most of my accounts. BUT when I try to get reports say " Balance Sheet", "Income Statement" the program does not pick up ALL the entries-transactions I had entered, only some of them. It does show the account number and description, but no value "0". If I make an enquiry in the "View Journal" for any of these "0" accounts the values/entries are there. The reports just don't pick then up.

How can we get the program to pick up ALL account entries? This is a serious problem as I can not depend upon reports being accurate, nor can I submit them to my accountant to prepare government tax remittances, etc.

HELP!!

If you find your accounts are not balancing, try recalculating the balances in Express Accounts to see if it helps. To do this, click the Transactions menu option in the main window and select Recalculate Customers' Balances. Express Accounts will run a recalculation automatically.

In case you still have issues, you may want to reinstall the software, you can download it directly from the website: https://www.nchsoftware.com/accounting/index.html

Before reinstalling the program, I recommend you to create a backup data file to avoid losing your information during the process.