Removing the background.

ElderlyGent

Good afternoon all.

Let me set the scene. I am starting to attempt relief carving of a subject taken from a photo. To allow this I have to creeate a 3d model to be able to create the toolpaths to do the carving. 

All I need to do is to seperate the subject, in this case a person from the background, so the finished carving is of that person on a plain flat background within a seleted boundary.

I initially found how to do it on Youtube, and then found that as I was using the basic PhotoPad the Remove Background in the Tools section was missing.  

OK so far? 

Then I saw that I had to have the Pro version,  I bought it and did all the god stuff andgot it working,

I followed a great Youtube video step by step

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wpfiFwq8Og

and found that though it started the progress slider at the bottom of the page flashed on for a few swconds it then vanished without removing the background. 

You can see this is in the screen shot below. 

The end result so far is that even after leaving the programme running for an hour or more, the background stayed firmly in place.

No doubt I have missed something, so PLEASE can some far more capab;e person than I with this, point me in the right direction.

My thanks in advance.  Stay safe

EG       aka Drew. 

PS  it seems now that I cannot add the Screenchot picture, I cannot Drag and Drop it and see no link as to ADFD FILES pn here.