Not loading full file

travelingrae

I am IRATE.

I've been using the Mac version of ES for a decade. A decade of being scammed by NCH in that they would break the Mac version and then force us to pay for the next "fixed" version. They just pulled that stunt again. I now work with Windows, so I bought a full professional license for the Windows version of ES. Just went to load an 8-hour file, which the Mac version had no trouble with, and the Windows version will only load 6 hours of it. I need the whole thing to do my job properly. There has got to be some buried setting I can click to fix this, right? I didn't just get scammed by these shady developers again, did I?

New versions of the programs are released constantly, if one of the versions you were using had a bug and this was fixed in a newer version you should have contacted NCH Technical Support to see how they could help. The issue you are describing in the Windows version should not be happening, it should load the file no matter the size. The best you can do is contact NCH Tech Support and have them assist you with this. You can create a support ticket for them here:

https://www.nch.com.au/support/index.html

Contacting NCH is useless. It's a repeated pattern of behaviour where the software works for a bit, then I make the mistake of updating and the update breaks the software that was working okay-ish. I contact support and they say, oh, there's another update for you, pay us for it. I have paid them up to four times a year over the last decade for the software to work exactly the same or worse, with no new features and often versions going backward so they could charge us to bring it back to where it was. I've contacted Australia consumer protection many times and they have been building a file, not dismissing my claims at all. I realise that now that I'm back in Windowsland, I probably have a better chance of finding a competitor product. So after sleeping on the issue, that's what I'm focusing on today.

• 4 months later...

travelingrae did you ever resolve this?  I've had this issue for years and have complained and support just told me I'm wrong because that's not a thing.  I'm still having the issue and just bought the new version and updated the software last week.

4 hours ago, Jmacgb said:

travelingrae did you ever resolve this?  I've had this issue for years and have complained and support just told me I'm wrong because that's not a thing.  I'm still having the issue and just bought the new version and updated the software last week.

NCH got tired of me constantly contacting tech support because of all the bugs in their software and just issued me a refund and told me not to contact them again.

I have discovered this isn’t happening in all formats. I use the free app VLC to convert to an MP3 and then I can get my full audio. Bit of a pain, but it works.

I have reached out to NCH and they told me it's not a thing, that it will load any length.  I told them it is a thing.  They said it's not.  I decided one of us had to stop.  It's so annoying but so true in life that once they have your money they just don't care anymore.