trying to record from a tascam recorder

dale norris

yes,  i run a line from a tascam  24dp to the computer to export what I've recorded so I can run off cd's. A folder icon shows but when I clk It says 'empty'. Windows media informs me that "the player might not support the file type or not support the codec that was used to compress the file. I tried mp3 and others with the same results. I'm not computer savvy enough to figure out what to do.  All I want is to get the recordings into my computer so I can make cd's. Every one tells me it's easy to do but the instructions I'm given don't work. Thanks for replying.                   Dale

• 10 months later...

Please note that in order to complete your recordings using recordpad you are required to use the microphone on your pc and start the recording on the recordpad software. 

Regarding your tascam please take a look on how to move your files from the device to your computer. 

Connect the Tascam to a computer using the USB cable. Use the – button to select 'Storage' and press enter (>). The computer will recognise the Tascam just like a digital camera or memory stick. The sound files are in the Music folder and you can either copy and paste or drag and drop them onto the computer.