Mac user troubleshooting

Michelle

I am an new MAC convert so to speak so I'm learning as I go. I used the express scribe fine on my PC, but can't seem to get the files to load on my MAC laptop.

I transcribe audio CD's and I loaded my CD in my laptop. The files then were loaded into i-tunes. I opened my express scribe and clicked "load". I browsed to find the file I wanted to load, clicked it; it went into the file folders section. I clicked load at the bottom right. Then it took me to the main page and the files never load?

I've gone through the manual and can't seem to figure this out. Any suggestions. Ir eally liked the simplicity of this program and I'm glad I haven't ordered the headset and pedal yet. I'll have to wait until I can figure this out for MAC. Please help me troubleshoot this. I'm a green MAC user at present.

Michelle

I am an new MAC convert so to speak so I'm learning as I go. I used the express scribe fine on my PC, but can't seem to get the files to load on my MAC laptop.

I transcribe audio CD's and I loaded my CD in my laptop. The files then were loaded into i-tunes. I opened my express scribe and clicked "load". I browsed to find the file I wanted to load, clicked it; it went into the file folders section. I clicked load at the bottom right. Then it took me to the main page and the files never load?

I've gone through the manual and can't seem to figure this out. Any suggestions. Ir eally liked the simplicity of this program and I'm glad I haven't ordered the headset and pedal yet. I'll have to wait until I can figure this out for MAC. Please help me troubleshoot this. I'm a green MAC user at present.

Michelle

Hello Michelle

I have also had trouble loading some files from CD and I queried it with nch. they replied:

"Currenlty the way to solve this is to copy the files off the CD to a local folder.

Then load the files from the local folder into express scribe.

We are still working on implementing a feature to allow you to load straight from the CD."

I have found that you have to load the individual files one by one by highlighting them within the folder and then clicking load at the bottom -in other words you have to load the contents of the folder manually, you can't load the whole folder.

hope this makes sense.

Having siad this, I have one large .wav file that won't load this way!

• 2 weeks later...

HI -- Different problem here ... It's my first time trying to use Express Scribe, and I can't load my wav files into the program. I keep getting an error message that says my computer (Mac) doesn't have the necesarry codec, or that I may need additional Audio Compression Manager software. I vaguely understand what this means, but don't know what to do about it. Any suggestions would be SO helpful as I need to get this transcription done ASAP!!! Thanks :)

• 5 months later...
HI -- Different problem here ... It's my first time trying to use Express Scribe, and I can't load my wav files into the program. I keep getting an error message that says my computer (Mac) doesn't have the necesarry codec, or that I may need additional Audio Compression Manager software. I vaguely understand what this means, but don't know what to do about it. Any suggestions would be SO helpful as I need to get this transcription done ASAP!!! Thanks :)

I am brand new to express scribe and having troubles of my own with hot keys BUT I had the EXACT same problem with the first tape I tried to load. In the end, it was NOT a problem with express scribe but something to do with the way it had been loaded by the sender. Try having someone else with a Mac try to open it and see if it might not be your system.

Hope this helps at least a little - I know the frustration!

tillie2