Payments made to suppliers - for the year

pyz01

I would like to have a report of the total payment made to suppliers for the year.  Similar to the Sales Payment Report - which shows all the sales you had with customers for the x time period, I would like to do the same for suppliers (i.e., how much did I spend with this supplier for the year).  I have looked high and low and cannot seem to get such a report.  Does one exist or do I have to maintain it outside the system in Excel?  Thanks for the reply. 

Yes- the export of information via the csv format works wonderfully.  The problem is - the information of how much is spent with each supplier is still not available.  The journal only records the account that was charged.  If you have several vendors who you buy from and the journal is for Cost of Good sold -- you can see how much was charged to the account in total -- but you cannot determine which vendor it was from since that information is not captured in the journal.  Elk's suggestion is best - this is a simple thing and should be included in the software - and therefore a suggestion has been made to the developers.  Realistically - this simplistic report should not be difficult to make.   To get the information now - requires you to record each purchase in Excel - which is what I was doing before I started using the software.   To me, (and I could be wrong) it is an essential report that should be included. 

10 hours ago, pyz01 said:

Yes- the export of information via the csv format works wonderfully.  The problem is - the information of how much is spent with each supplier is still not available.  The journal only records the account that was charged.  If you have several vendors who you buy from and the journal is for Cost of Good sold -- you can see how much was charged to the account in total -- but you cannot determine which vendor it was from since that information is not captured in the journal.  Elk's suggestion is best - this is a simple thing and should be included in the software - and therefore a suggestion has been made to the developers.  Realistically - this simplistic report should not be difficult to make.   To get the information now - requires you to record each purchase in Excel - which is what I was doing before I started using the software.   To me, (and I could be wrong) it is an essential report that should be included. 

Tab Purchases......

Select Reports Payments of Accounts Payable.....then save file format CSV

Develop using excel formulas as desired

Thanks -- but I tried that and it does not include any direct payments.  In many small businesses --  like mine -- we pay for many purchases with cash/direct payments.  If you look, this report only includes account payable transactions - which for a small business - may be very little.  Still hoping that the suggestion will be considered since it is a valuable report for a small business to know how much they have spend with any specific vendor/supplier.

2 hours ago, pyz01 said:

Thanks -- but I tried that and it does not include any direct payments.  In many small businesses --  like mine -- we pay for many purchases with cash/direct payments.  If you look, this report only includes account payable transactions - which for a small business - may be very little.  Still hoping that the suggestion will be considered since it is a valuable report for a small business to know how much they have spend with any specific vendor/supplier.

Direct Payment --->Journal Memo : write supplier as in pay to (copy paste supplier in pay to)

Develop using excel formulas as desired (Journal CSV)

SnC - Excellent!  That works.  That is a good workaround since I do not use the description field for anything.  I can place the supplier name there and then export to Excel and it will give me what I want.  Thank you!  (PS -- I still think NCH should consider the report - but that is just my opinion). 

13 hours ago, pyz01 said:

SnC - Excellent!  That works.  That is a good workaround since I do not use the description field for anything.  I can place the supplier name there and then export to Excel and it will give me what I want.  Thank you!  (PS -- I still think NCH should consider the report - but that is just my opinion). 

You can easily catch what I have to say....of course you must have mastered some important excel formulas in managing csv journals that can be used for all data processing that is useful in developing your business.