Judder, low audio, black lines

Alex 5 ufos

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post;

I use the latest video pad editor ( i upgraded around June of this year ) my problem is if i save my video file within video pad to work on later, when i go back and open the saved video file - the sound changes to it being hardly audible? 

And further more the video file then has thick black lines, and pulling and juddering occurring intermittently across the screen, this even occurs if i export the file as MP4 @ 25fps onto the desktop to view from VLC windows player?

The initial video was shot on a Canon XF400 at 25fps and edited in VP and exported at that configuration?

I have managed to stop some of the juddering and pulling by uprating the export to 60 fps in MP4, although it still occurs on occasion.

I have been a still photographer all my life, and so i am relatively new to video, and find the video platform exhilarating but also the very hardest form of photography.

Can i say i am an experienced photographer with much publication under my belt from hard back to magazines, and press work.

Anyone help please!

Alex

What are your PC's specs:  CPU/GPU/RAM?  The very latest VP release is here.  Please install it.  If issues persist, drop by again and share your project...

Someone will take a look and come up with a fix.  The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

• borate changed the title to Judder, low audio, black lines (Alex 5 Ufos)

Hi

"... i save my video file within video pad to work on later, when i go back and open the saved video file - ..."

It sounds as if you are reloading a saved  export (MP4?)and then reloading this as a new clip later. You may however already know the info below....

If you are in the process of editing a video and  you come to point where you want to stop  and continue at a later time don't export it....Right click the Save Project  tab. Give your work a name e.g. "MyVideo" and specify a folder. Your work will be saved as a .vpj file.  e.g "MyVideo.vpj" Note that this option overwrites any previous vpj files with that name; consequently you will only have that particular save to go back to.

Nevertheless when you feel OK to carry on working on it. Just double click the saved .vpj file and VP will open it exactly as it was when you saved it. The process does NOT save the video...just an info file with details of your work which VP uses to recreate your work.

If you want to save it repeatedly at different points as you edit and not lose any of the saves by overwriting (the best option when saving a longish project) then click the down arrow at the right hand side of the Save Project tab and select Save Project File As.  Give it some descriptive name or incremental number to distinguish it from the previous save. This creates another .vpj file with the new name. This means that you can open your project at any of the saved positions.

If you want someone to check out your edit  then click Menu/File -- Save Portable Project As. VP will put everything required into a dated named folder . Upload that folder to a host site as Borate describes above. Make it public and it can be downloaded and checked out. 

Nat

• borate changed the title to Judder, low audio, black lines