I can't get "split" to work

MarkDakins

I am trying to insert a video transition into a video clip I created.  I think I should insert a split into the clip where I want the transition to occur but when I position the cursor there in Sequence Preview mode. and press <split> nothing happens.  What am I doing wrong?

Yes, it works for me as expected it I remember to put in the transitions when I am creating the sequence but (sometimes?) not if I forget and export the sequence and then try to do it later.  I am using registered version 10.88 of VideoPad Professional (Home edition I IIRC).

Yes, I know it remove the splits I had in before the export.  The problem is when I open the exported  .mp4 I can insert a video transition where I want the first transition, but when I try to insert the second one, I can't.  I position the cursor and hit the <split> button and the screen blinks but no split happens.  Is there a minimum length scene?  The second scene is vert short.  Is there an "import" somewhere that I have not found? I have opened a saved project and the exported file.

That helped.  The second split now works, but the third (or maybe the fourth) now get a "not enough space to add a transition".  So thanks, we are moving forward very far from where I was stuck exploring for a long time.  I think I have plenty of memory, but maybe not.  How do I get past this?