I give up

nutineil

For a while, I had a nice little bit of software that worked ... slowly, but it worked.

Now I have this horrible unreliable monster that keeps changing every few weeks, creating greater problems where there were manageable ones before.

Even if I was to bother typing out where I struggle, I bet your response would be the usual, save, backup, reinstall, blah blah blah .... but it's not really worth it. 

Video editing is resource intensive.  While simple projects can be handled by basic PCs, a gaming-class machine is more suitable for complex and lengthy efforts.

The 64-bit version of Videopad uses Windows memory most effectively, so it is recommended for those who use a 64-bit operation system.   Here's the latest.

If you have specific issues, voice them here.  Folks are willing to help sort them out if you have the patience to work with them.

Hi

From your post it seems evident that you have updated to newer versions of the VP software that your system has found difficulty working with. Your original download was presumably workable (but slow) but as you say, it DID work. That being the case why not just revert back to that version?  If you can outline specific problems and supply examples they usually can be solved or at the very least looked at and any glitch in the software could be identified, passed on to the developers and corrected in a later version. 

Nat