VideoPad 64-bits version

cbreemer

Hi all,

I can't seem to find out whether or not there is a native 64-bit version of VideoPad. Of course the 32-bit version works on my 64-bit Windows, but it will use at most 4Gb memory, making it slower than it should be (I think) if it could use the full 16Gb of available RAM.

Thanks,

Chris 

Many thanks, Borate. I had previously looked for a 64-bit installation and not found it, which is why I posted the question.

Unfortunately this new version refuses to export a video unless I pay for a new registration code, whereas I just bought one last February ! This is no joy 😯

Thanks for the quick reply, but I neither want to do things differently or use a free version. So I've reverted back to the 32-bit version for which I had recently bought the license code. I still find it strange that a license is tied to a specific version and you cannot upgrade without having to pay again.

There's no mandate to update if your version is working well.   You can always test drive the latest, to explore new features or changes.

Your license should be good for both the 32- and 64-bit versions that fall within the six-month free grace period from date of purchase.

Look here for the latest release within that window, which should accept your registration.

That was really helpful. I was unaware of that particular policy. Now I'm running a licensed 64-bit version 😊

Exporting a video doesn't seem to be much quicker than before, but it does use significantly less CPU now. 

Thanks again for your quick help !