Can't drag and drop video files

Richard Mann

Hi

If things worked OK for a start then these basic actions should still operate correctly.

With VP  version 10.43 (32 bit) You should be able to.......

• Open VP
  • Click "Add Files"
  • Navigate to a folder with your required images/clips. (Normally the last one used)
  • Select either a single clip/a group of clips or use Ctrl +A to select all the clips
  • Click Open to load all the selected items to the clip bin.

You should also be able to Drag and Drop from the storage folder  single or multiple files directly to the VP icon which should then open VP and load those clips to the bins.

You should also be able to Copy/Paste single or multiple files from a folder to the clip bin.

You should be able to drag and drop from the bin to the timeline, single or multiple clips.

If these actions are not working it's either the version you have or an installation problem. I would try a reinstall. Not aware of an option setting that alters the actions mentioned above.

Nat

HI Nat

Many thanks for your rapid response to my query.   I can confirm that, when first installed, I was able to drag and drop single or multiple files into any of the three windows including the time line. However, this what I can no longer do.  I take the first three steps you have listed above but, as mentioned, from then on I can only add files by double-clicking one at at time and then transferring clip window to the viewing window or the timeline.

As you suggested I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the set up file that I downloaded from the NCH site but with no change. It was downloaded and first installed on 19 Aug 21. It is shown at being file version 0.0.0.0 which is a bit puzzling - to me at least.  I did not try downloading the setup file a second time.  My runs Windows 10 (64 bit) and is moderately speedy with lots of storage.  I have noted that my VP is shown at the top of the screen as being a Beta version but fully up-to-date. However, although I did not notice at the time this would have been the version which ran on my first installation. I've run out of ideas for anything else to try.  It's disappointing as I was so impressed with functionality an ease of use of VP compared with my old video editor.

Richard

Hi Borate

I followed your advice and deleted the cache (about 500MB) but that didn't change things.  I then downloaded the version you suggested (v 10.87) and installed that but that appears to be the same as the one I had before so no improvement there either. However, I also followed you advice and used the Open tab, rather than double-clicking, and that allowed me to insert multiple files, which was my main problem.  I don't know why I didn't do this before when it seems so obvious.  I am 83 but not quite senile as yet! So the Drag and Drop is is still a mystery but at least I now have a good workaround.  Thanks for your help.

Richard

HI Borate and Nat

I have now installed v10.88 and it works fine except that the Drag and Drop issue is the same.  Inasmuch as it was not a problem when v 10.87 was originally installed and as no one else has reported the problem I can only assume that is the result of finger trouble on my part or a glitch that is unique to my PC.  If I happen to do something  that resolves the problem I will let you know as a matter of interest.  In the meantime I'm happy to press on with it as it is.

Thanks for you help

Regards

Richard