Auto gen subtitle - Is Alex speaking too fast?

Thomas B

Hi,

I tried to use the auto generating option for subtitles, but it only generates "fantasy" texts. I installed the English US language pack in windows 10 and activated it in Videopad. I tried this for a video from Alex https://youtu.be/3gripTZdWeU

Here you can see the fantasy text.

https://bilderupload.org/image/7d6294505-videopad-autogen-subtitle.jpg

Can anyone test, if a better text recognition is possible? Or is Alex just speaking too fast? English is not my native language and I have difficulties to understand her fast English. Subtitles are a help to me, but Alex doesn't have the time to include subtitles. 

• borate changed the title to Auto gen subtitle - Is Alex speaking too fast?

Alex is a fast talker, but that's not the issue.  Some VP competitors don't offer speech-to-text, which is best left to the experts.  VP's implementation isn't useful.

One alternative is here.

Press the right buttons, fill in the forms.  You may get a freebie.  Export as an SSA or perhaps SRT.  Only four manual corrections were needed for your test.

In Videopad, load your video, then click Subtitles on the toolbar.  In the subtitle window click Load on the toolbar and input the file attached below.  Click the format tab and choose the font size.   APPLY.

Alex.ssa

Thanks, I could correct some errors in my text. I had assumed that it must also work via VP + Windows speech recognition. For example, when I transcribe (Win+H), the speech recognition rate is really good. Therefore, I thought that I still have to set something correctly in Videopad and MS Speech recognizer.

At happyscribe I ordered one hour, you have to pay for minutes. So the faster Alex is "gabbling" in her one minute clips the more text I get for the price :)

There is one thing about Subtitles that I find really "horrible". When you reduce the playback speed to hear single words better, you can't recognize the voice in VP any more. The voice is completely alienated. In happyscript or on youtube you can still recognize the voice.